We at Tokkers run a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform called tokkers.com and hope that you benefit from using it. We offer some services for free, and we also offer paid services. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership as possible over the mobile pages, QR Codes and audio and video recordings you create (also known as Tokkers). However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your pages or get linked to from your pages (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
If you find a Tokkers page that you believe violates our terms of service, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Tokkers, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Terms of Service:
1. Your tokkers.com Account Pages, QR Codes and recordings. If you create pages, QR Codes, and/or audio or video recordings on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and creations, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your pages, QR Codes and recordings. You must not describe or assign keywords to your pages in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Tokkers may change or remove any content, description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Tokkers liability. You must immediately notify Tokkers of any unauthorized uses of your ages, QR Codes and recordings, your account or any other breaches of security. Tokkers will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you create pages, QR Codes, or audio or video recordings, comment on a page, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio or video file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your pages, QR Codes and recordings are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your pages are not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your page's name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Tokkers or otherwise.
3. By submitting Content to Tokkers for inclusion on your Tokkers pages, you grant Tokkers a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your pages. If you delete Content, Tokkers will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Tokkers has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Tokkers' sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Tokkers' reasonable opinion, violates any Tokkers policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Tokkers' sole discretion. Tokkers will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
4. Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Paid services such as subscriptions are available on the Website (any such services). By selecting a subscription plan or other service you agree to pay Tokkers the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a subscription, or after your free trial expires, and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Subscription fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Tokkers before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time in the Account section of your Tokkers dashboard.
5. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Tokkers has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Tokkers does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Tokkers disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Tokkers links, and that link to tokkers.com. Tokkers does not have any control over those non-Tokkers websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Tokkers website or webpage, Tokkers does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Tokkers disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Tokkers websites and webpages.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Tokkers asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by tokkers.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Tokkers. Tokkers will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Tokkers will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Tokkers or others. In the case of such termination, Tokkers will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Tokkers.
8. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Tokkers to you any Tokkers or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Tokkers. Wow Pages, Inc., Tokkers, tokkers.com, the tokkers.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with tokkers.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tokkers or Tokkers' licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Tokkers or third-party trademarks.
9. Advertisements. Tokkers reserves the right to display advertisements on your pages unless you have purchased a paid subscription account.
10. Attribution. Tokkers reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Created at tokkers.com’ in your page's footer. Footer credits may not be removed regardless of services or subscriptions purchased.
11. Changes. Tokkers reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Tokkers may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
12. Termination. Tokkers may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your tokkers.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Tokkers and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Tokkers nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
14. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Tokkers, or its affiliated companies, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) interruption of use or interruption of service, or loss or corruption of data; (iv) failure of QR Codes, NFC tags or other products produced by or with the use of Tokkers to scan or function correctly on some or all devices; (v) failure of pages created by or with the use of Tokkers to render or function correctly or as intended on some or all devices; (vi) failure of recording and other audio functions to function properly on some or all devices; or (vii) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Tokkers under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Tokkers shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
16. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tokkers, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
17. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Tokkers and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Tokkers, or by the posting by Tokkers of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Boulder County, Colorado. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Boulder, Colorado, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Tokkers may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.